Sunday, February 9, 2014

More wood ...

lol ... one of the reasons I was so interested in having my woodworking friend construct the wooden assemblies of the telescope is because I HAVE NO PLACE TO WORK WOOD!  :p

So, it was off to the Internet to search for plans for building a pair of sawhorses.  :)

I came across this interesting set by Ken ... exactly what I was looking for.  Simple enough to build, low enough to use a knee to help hold the work, and 'stackable' ... a very nice feature for storing them.  I will buy a door to use as a flat working surface.


Today, after church, stopped by the wood shop and placed my order for some 1x6's and 2x4's, which will be available tomorrow evening.  Note that I am using  2x4's vice the 2x6's for the top as 2x6's were not readily available.  Wood in Sri Lanka is mainly rough finished, so the 2x4's are an actual 2" by 4" in size, which should provide plenty of surface area.

Feels good to finally be moving forward with this.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment